Sunday, September 18, 2016

Announcement

To anyone who has been visiting my blog, thank you.  For the past few months, I have not had the time to post any new episodes.  I have also been recording podcasts of these blog posts with links added to each post.

The reason for both of these things is that I am planning to launch a new blog / podcast devoted to the American Revolution.  This new project will involve me producing a weekly article and podcast following the events of the American Revolution, large and small in chronological order. After a few background articles on the Britain and the colonies I will launch into a series beginning with the French and Indian War, through the pre-war political battles over taxation and colonial rights, into the war itself, and then into the formation of the new Government.

I expect this new project to involve hundreds of episodes, produced over several years.  I hope that anyone looking for an introduction to any Revolutionary war topic, large or small, will find it interesting and useful.

For the past few months I have been reading and researching the issues that will cover the first episodes of this new project.  That has been taking all of my extra time.  Perhaps at some point I will get back to posting random articles of historical interest here, but for the foreseeable future most of my time will be devoted to the American Revolution.

My decision to create recorded podcasts of these articles is mostly a way to help me figure out the technical, acoustic, and editing requirements for a new podcast.  As these recordings are mostly for testing purposes, please forgive me if they don't live up to the final standards I hope to have in my new project.

Thanks again for your interest in my blog.  Once I make the new American Revolution Project available online, I'll be sure to include a link to it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment